California Dental Board Requires Opioid CE
Beginning in January 2023, the Dental Board of California is requiring a new CE course for dentists to renew their licenses. A course on Opioid prescribing of Schedule II narcotics will now be required during each license renewal period.
California Dental CE Providers need Pre-approval
Licensed Registered CE Providers in California (like Dental Didactics) must submit their new Opioid Prescribing CE course outlines and materials to the Board for pre-approval. The new course must meet the Board criteria to be acknowledged for CE credit for license renewal. Those CE providers that have these courses approved for credit will be recognized by the Board on their website.
Opioid Prescribing CE Course Outline
Topics required for license renewal included in the new CE course requirements include:
- Fundamentals and statistics regarding opioid abuse
- General recommendation for opioid prescribing
- Recommendations for opioid prescribing in special populations
- Fundamentals of Opioid Use Disorder
- Recommendations for Pre-procedural acute dental pain management
- Recommendations for Post-procedural acute dental pain management
Dental Didactics has produced this new Opioid Prescribing CE course to meet the new Dental Board requirements, which is now available for download.